It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced personal finance reporter to join our expanding team at Express.co.uk.
Our personal finance reporter is responsible for ensuring our content is engaging, informative and reaches as wide an audience as possible. This role will produce content which meets the needs of our readers, writing on topics which affect their day to day lives including pensions, savings, bills and more.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don’t delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Produce high quality content for the personal finance department
- Understand and apply knowledge of SEO to maximise article success on search
- Interview key industry figures to produce market leading exclusives on a weekly basis
- Work with the editor to explore new content opportunities which will maximise the success of the department
- Collaborate with the social team to ensure all content produced is effectively shared on all relevant social channels to maximise page views and shares
- Knowledge and application of UK media law
The ideal candidate
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience writing for a website or digital product
- A demonstrable passion for personal finance and the key issues impacting ordinary people, from pensions and ISAs to house prices, premium bonds and all aspects of saving and investing
- Proven knowledge and application of SEO to boost traffic
- Use of Google Analytics
- Ability to work under pressure and show initiative
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employee’s a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Read More: Personal finance reporter | Media jobs