IT Services Revenue for the quarter increased 10.4% YoY
IT Services improves Operating Margin to 16.3%
Total Bookings up by 26% and large deal bookings up by 69% YoY
Operating Cash Flows at 143% of Net Income for the quarter
NEW YORK | BANGALORE, India – Jan. 13, 2023: Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading technology services and consulting company, announced financial results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended December 31, 2022.
Highlights of the Results
Results for the Quarter ended December 31, 2022:
- Gross Revenue reached ₹232.3 billion ($2.8 billion1), an increase of 3.1% QoQ and 14.4% YoY
- IT Services Segment Revenue increased to $2,803.5 million, an improvement of 6.2% YoY
- Non-GAAP2 constant currency IT Services segment revenue was up by 0.6% QoQ and 10.4% YoY
- IT Services Operating Margin3 for the quarter was at 16.3%, an increase of 120bps QoQ
- Total Bookings4 up by 26% and large deal bookings5 up by 69% YoY
- Net Income for the quarter was at ₹30.5 billion ($369.1 million1), a growth of 14.8% QoQ and 2.8% YoY
- Earnings Per Share for the quarter was at ₹5.57 ($0.071), an increase of 14.6% QoQ and 2.6% YoY
- Operating Cash Flows at 142.5% of Net Income for the quarter was at ₹43.5 billion ($526.0 million1), an increase of 44.7% YoY
- Voluntary attrition6 moderated 180 bps from previous quarter, landing at 21.2% for the trailing twelve months for the quarter
- Top 5 clients grew 15.7% YoY and top 10 clients grew 14.7% YoY in constant currency terms, underscoring deepening relationships with top strategic clients
- Wipro declared an interim dividend of ₹1 ($0.0121) per equity share/ADS
Performance for the Quarter ended December 31, 2022
Thierry Delaporte, CEO and Managing Director, said, “I am pleased to report that we have delivered another quarter of double-digit revenue growth. Our Total Bookings were over $4.3 billion, led by solid large deal signings of over $1 billion. We improved our margins by 120 basis points and our attrition moderated for the fourth quarter in a row.
We are continuing to gain market share as a result of deepening client relationships and higher win rates. Clients are turning to us to help them manage an evolving macro environment and balance their transformation goals with cost optimization. Our ability to deliver on client objectives regardless of where they are in their cloud journeys is positioning us favourably in a consolidating market.
As we move ahead, we expect to continue to benefit from these trends and help clients build future-proof, resilient enterprises.”
Jatin Dalal, Chief Financial Officer, said, “Our Operating margins are now at 16.3%, which is an expansion of 120 basis points from last quarter. This expansion of margins was after absorbing the investments we made in our people by way of salary increases, promotions and long-term incentives for our senior leadership. Margin growth was led by strong operational improvements and automation-led efficiencies. We generated strong operating cash flows at 143% of our net income for the quarter and our EPS increased by 14.6% quarter-over-quarter.”
Outlook for the Year ending March 31, 2023
We expect Revenue from our IT Services business for the full year to be in the range of 11.5% to 12.0%, in constant currency terms.
* Outlook for the year ending March 31, 2023, is based on the following exchange rates: GBP/USD at 1.36, Euro/USD at 1.16, AUD/USD at 0.73, USD/INR at 74.78 and CAD/USD at 0.79
- For the convenience of the readers, the amounts in Indian Rupees in this release have been translated into United States Dollars at the certified foreign exchange rate of US$1 = ₹82.72, as published by the Federal Reserve Board of Governors on December 31, 2022. However, the realized exchange rate in our IT Services business segment for the quarter ended December 31, 2022 was US$1= ₹82.24
- Constant currency revenue for a period is the product of volumes in that period times the average actual exchange rate of the corresponding comparative period
- IT Services Operating Margin refers to Segment Results Total as reflected in IFRS financials
- Total Bookings refers to the total contract value of all orders that were booked during the period including new orders, renewals, and changes to existing contracts. Bookings do not reflect subsequent terminations or reductions related to bookings originally recorded in prior fiscal periods. Bookings are recorded using then-existing foreign currency exchange rates and are not subsequently adjusted for foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations. The revenues from these contracts accrue over the tenure of the contract.
- Large deal bookings constitute of deals greater than or equal to $30 million in total contract value terms
- Voluntary attrition is at IT Services excluding DOP measured in trailing twelve months for the quarter
IT Services – Large deals
Wipro continued its momentum in winning large deals with our customers as described below:
- A global leader in consumer brands selected Wipro to create a three-year consumer digital & technology transformation roadmap. Wipro is deploying data analytics and AI to help put the consumer at the core of the company’s omni-channel direct-to-consumer operating model. The solution will help strengthen the company’s brand building, innovation and sales capabilities and achieve its ambition of driving growth and loyalty among customers.
- Wipro has won a large strategic, multi-year engagement with a leading North American financial institution to…
Read More: Wipro Announces Third Quarter Results, Delivers Record Total Bookings